Patient Privacy & Safety
Our office believes in the privacy and
safety of our patients. Our entire staff makes every effort
necessary to comply with HIPAA, The Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act, to ensure that our patients'
information is kept personal and private. We also take all the
precautions necessary in the clinical areas of the office to
comply with and exceed the standards sterilization and cleanliness
as mandated by WISHA, Washington's Industrial Safety
and Health Act.
As required by law, we
need you to sign a legal document that verifies your acknowledgment
office. Legal forms are usually difficult reading. The following
summary accurately covers the main points of the document:
1. We will maintain the privacy
of your health information.
2. We may use or disclose your health information to another
doctor or healthcare provider who is taking care of you.
3. We may use or disclose your health information to obtain
payment for the services we provide to you when third party
payment is involved.
4. We may use or disclose your health information for assessing
and improving our own performance and healthcare operations.
5. We will always disclose your health information to YOU.
6. We may disclose your health information to a family member,
friend, or other person if it is necessary to help with your
healthcare or with payment for your healthcare, but only if
you agree that we may do so.
7. We will not use or disclose your health information for marketing
communications without your written authorization.
8. We may use or disclose your health information to provide
you with appointment reminders such as voicemail messages, postcards,
or letters. You can request that we use other means of communication,
but you must do so in writing.
9. You have the right to look at or get copies of your health
information, with limited exceptions.
10. If you disagree with a decision we have made about access
to your health information, you may complain to us, or you may
file a complaint against us with the US Department of Health
and Human Services without fear of retribution.